Looking for unique Christmas gifts that are affordable, sustainable and healthy? We’ve got you covered.
1. A few small pots, some soil and seedlings are all it takes to create a delicious herb garden for the windowsill or balcony. The best herbs to plant in winter include basil, chives, sage, parsley, rosemary, mint and thyme.
2. Fill a basket with a range of delicious herbal teas, a tea strainer and quirky mug.
3. A spice rack always comes in handy. Add a few of their favourite cooking spices to get them started.
4. Make a cozy heat pillow by sewing a rectangle of fabric together and filling it with organic buckwheat hulls. Add herbs like lavender flowers or chamomile for a great sleep.
5. Skip the rolls of wrapping paper and purchase reusable canvas shopping bags instead. They make a handy present and double as a gift bag.
6. Help a loved one get into the spirit of Christmas with some beautiful soy wax candles and essential oils. Spicy oils such as cinnamon, clove bud and ginger are great winter warmers, while frankincense, myrrh, nutmeg and peppermint are ideal for the festive season.
7. Offer an experience or lesson for memories that will last a lifetime. They may enjoy tickets to a show, sporting event, yoga class, museum, cooking or language class.
8. Give a practical gift such as house cleaning or babysitting, so they can enjoy some downtime after the frantic pace of the party season.
9. Create a natural gift basket of treats, including Manuka Honey, olive oil, organic dark chocolate, roasted almonds and fresh fruit.
10. A reusable, eco KeepCup is the perfect gift for a coffee-lover. They can have it filled by their favourite barista and or enjoy a homemade brew while reducing paper cup wastage.
11. If your loved one enjoys cooking, there are plenty of cookbooks featuring delicious organic, natural recipes available.
12. Charity gifts are a great way to give back. Choose your favourite charity and purchase the gift of a life-saving vaccine, emergency relief pack, nutrition or clean water.
13. If they have a garden, give them some plants to enjoy year-round. You may also like to provide some gloves and gardening tools to complete the garden-themed gift.
14. Subscribe to a home, heath, fitness or gardening magazine on their behalf.
15. Encourage friends to start a gratitude journal by gifting them a leather journal and lovely pen to share their thoughts.
16. Workout gear is a great motivator for the New Year. Consider new trainers, a yoga mat, pedometer, heart-rate monitor or new clothes.
17. For the kids, consider games that encourage physical exercise, such as a skipping rope, Wii games or pool toys.
18. Give the gift of relaxation this Christmas, with a massage or day spa voucher to their favourite hide-away.
19. For a DIY option, create a gift basket of natural bath accessories and beauty products they can use as they soak in the tub after a long day.
20. Make-up tools are a great gift for someone who likes glamming up. Find a collection that can be easily wrapped and packed in the suitcase, with natural bristles.