3 DIY Manuka Honey Skincare Products You Can Make At Home
The body’s largest organ is the skin, and it’s time to get serious about taking care of it. Manuka Honey is a skincare wonder-elixir - a single ingredient from nature with the power to brighten, cleanse, moisturize, exfoliate and repair damaged skin. So especially in these harsh winter months, take your self-care routine face-first with top quality UMF™ Manuka Honey.
Why use Manuka Honey for skincare and beauty? Manuka Honey’s key natural compounds possess antimicrobial properties, helping keep bacteria that causes acne under control and helping treat existing blemishes. These compounds also has anti-inflammatory properties to help soothe irritation and puffiness. As an emollient, Manuka Honey helps soften skin and maintain moisture. Hospitals even use medical-grade Manuka Honey to treat wounds, burns and other high-risk skin ailments. In essence, Manuka Honey is a naturally-occurring, high-end spa treatment in a jar!
Now that you know, you’re ready to try these three DIY recipes with Manuka Honey for the skin of your dreams.
Manuka Honey Antioxidant Face Mask Recipe
A good mask formula has antioxidants that fight free-radicals, leaving you with a brighter, softer complexion. The natural probiotics in yogurt also help soothe and balance skin.
2 Tablespoons Rolled Oats
1 Tablespoon Comvita UMF™ 10+ Manuka Honey
1 Tablespoon Live, Organic Yogurt
- Pulse oats in a food processor or spice grinder to break into smaller pieces and open the husk.
- In a small bowl mix together coarsely-ground oats, yogurt and Comvita UMF™ 10+ Manuka Honey.
- Apply to cleansed skin all over the face and leave for 15 minutes. Gently remove the mask with cold water and a washcloth.
Manuka Honey Exfoliating Lip Scrub Recipe
With Manuka Honey to nourish and revitalize, coconut oil to moisturize, and raw sugar to naturally remove dead skin cells, this lip scrub does it all to reveal your healthiest pout.
1 Tablespoon UMF™ 10+ Manuka Honey
1 Teaspoon Coconut Oil
1 Tablespoon Raw Turbinado Sugar
- Warm coconut oil to a liquid (under 120º F so as not to interfere with the live activity of the Manuka) and mix with Comvita UMF™ 10+ Manuka Honey in a small bowl.
- Add the sugar and mix thoroughly. If the mixture is too stiff, add more coconut oil.
- Apply to your lips in a circulator motion and massage, let the mixture sit on your lips for 2-3 minutes.
- Rinse off with cool water and pat dry.
Complexion Perfecting Manuka Honey Chamomile Toner
Toners help reduce pore size, restore skin pH and protect from impurities. Comvita Apple Cider Vinegar with Manuka Honey combines the natural astringent power of ACV with the active properties of UMF™ Manuka Honey - a perfect pairing for a calming, purifying and refreshing toner. It’s the perfect skin pick-me-up any time of day. This toner recipe will keep for 30 days.
1 Cup Water
1 Bag Organic Chamomile Tea (or 1 tablespoon chamomile flowers)
1 Teaspoon UMF™ 10+ Manuka Honey
4 Tablespoons Comvita Apple Cider Vinegar with Manuka Honey
- Pour boiling water over chamomile tea bag in a mug or heat safe container.
- Allow the tea or flowers to steep for ten minutes.
- Remove the tea bag or strain the solids.
- Add Comvita UMF™ 10+ Manuka Honey and Comvita ACV to the tea, then stir well to dissolve the honey.
- Pour the mixture into a clean bottle and allow to cool.
- On cleansed skin, wipe the toner across your face using a cotton round or soft cloth and follow with your favorite moisturizer.
Pro-Tip: top beauty bloggers and experts also apply higher UMF™ Manuka Honey straight to their faces, right out of the jar. No mixing or waiting, just nature’s remedy for softer, smoother, radiant skin!