5-Minute Manuka Meditation for Stress Relief
The benefits of meditation are widely celebrated. Studies have found many links between meditation and reducing stress and anxiety, which in turn has been shown to support inflammation, a healthy immune system, better sleep, and feeling generally happier in life.
Meditation is an opportunity to be present with ourselves, notice what thoughts and feelings come up without judging ourselves for them, and to slow down time to fully participate in each moment.
Because of its unique wellness properties and mindful craftsmanship, Comvita Manuka Honey can be an excellent tool in mindfulness meditation. Consider all of the rare occurrences that had to come together to make this precious natural resource: the Manuka Flower that only blooms for a few short weeks in some of the most inaccessible places in New Zealand, the bees pollinating this flower and creating Manuka Honey with Manuka’s unique natural chemistry. It’s as rare as each moment we’re given - we only get one opportunity to be here, now.
Make this 5 minute meditation a part of your daily routine and notice how giving yourself this space affects how you show up in the rest of your day:
Manuka Honey Meditation
- Sit in a quiet, comfortable place and close your eyes.
- Take a few deep breaths, observing your inhale and exhale.
- Ask yourself which muscles can relax, and let them.
- Identify a quality, such as patience, gratitude, focus or balance, that you wish to bring in to your day.
- Place a spoonful of Manuka Honey in your mouth and notice how it slowly dissolves.
- Feel this gift from nature flow through your body, nourishing from your throat to your heart to your digestive system to each of your fingers and toes.
- Sit with this quality for 10 more breaths.
- Thank yourself and the Earth for giving you this space.