Recipe: Brussel Sprouts Caramelized with Honey
Even if you do not consider yourself a fan of Brussels sprouts, this unique recipe gives these vitamin-packed veggies a caramelized taste and texture that nicely complement a variety of health-conscious meals, and it also works well on its own as a tasty snack.
Brussels sprouts are an excellent way to add more vitamins and nutrients to your diet. In fact, they are best known for containing significant amounts of Vitamins C and K, as well as Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids.1 They are also a great source of carbohydrates if your fitness routine requires a healthy dose of daily carbs without having to consume copious amounts of bread and grains (we get enough of those as it is)!
Let’s get started:
INGREDIENTS (Eight Servings)
- 2 lb organic Brussels sprouts
- 2 lb vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons organic Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Manuka honey
- Coat a large skillet with olive oil and butter
- Place Brussels sprouts in pan on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally
- Add salt to taste and allow to cook for about 10 minutes, stirring often
- Add mustard and honey to the Brussels sprouts, stir, and cook for 1-2 additional minutes until crisp, golden brown