Decadent desserts and a healthy, vegan lifestyle don’t seem like they can co-exist, but surprisingly, they do with this amazing Chickpea Blondie recipe created by Chloe Dew from @CMDCreations. This is a fast, and easy baking recipe that is sure to be a hit at your next party, and even with the kids. Feel good about indulging in this simple, delicious dessert knowing they’re all natural, vegan, and packed with protein from chickpeas and all the healthy benefits of Manuka Honey.
This is a great baking recipe to try out with the kids, as well. Without any raw eggs or dairy, everyone can take a turn licking the batter off the spoon!
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup Comvita UMF 5+ Raw Manuka Honey
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips plus extra for sprinkling on top
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- Line a 8” x 8” square pan with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor (except chocolate chips) and process until it forms a thick consistency.
- Remove from the food processor and fold in dark chocolate chips.
- Press into the pan and top with extra chocolate chips.
- Bake at 375°F for 13-15 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the pan before slicing into squares, and serve.