Dairy-Free Chocolate Mousse Recipe
We know summer is typically when people try to stay away from dessert, but when you’ve got the unique wellness benefits of UMF® Manuka Honey and Olive Leaf Extract on hand, treats get a lot sweeter. Check out this dairy-free chocolate mousse recipe for a healthy new take on an old-school dessert that’s perfect for summer weather.
Here’s why it’s a smart choice: UMF® Manuka Honey comes from the nectar of the Manuka flower which is commonly known for its antibacterial properties. When used in a recipe or taken by the spoonful, you are gaining all the benefits of the Manuka nectar while also enjoying it’s sweet and delicious flavor. Our Olive Leaf Extract is made in Australia and also contains well-documented benefits. Made from fresh-picked olive leaves, Olive Leaf Extract delivers a potent source of Oleuropein as well as 11 other naturally occurring phenolics. Olive leaves are also high in antioxidants and have been known to support blood sugar levels already in a normal range.
Dairy-Free Chocolate Mousse Recipe:
- 2 Large Ripe Avocados (Or 4 Small Ones)
- 2 Tablespoons of High Quality Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tablespoons of UMF® 10+ Manuka Honey
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Leaf Extract (Natural Flavor)
- ½ Cup of Almond or Coconut Milk
- Topped Off W/ Mint Leaves, Berries, and/or Shaved Coconut
Berry Sauce (optional):
- 2 Cups of Fresh Berries (Strawberries or Raspberries)
Approximately 4 Servings Per Batch
- To make the Berry Sauce, place the berries in a blender for approximately 15 to 20 seconds. Pour the berry sauce in a small container. Then refrigerate it until the mousse is ready.
- For the mousse, mix the avocados, cocoa powder, manuka honey, olive leaf extract, and milk alternative together in a blender. Blend the ingredients until there is a smooth consistency. Adjust recipe to taste.
- To serve, grab 4 short glasses, pour the berry sauce in the bottom of each glass and top the with a few spoonfuls of chocolate mousse. Sprinkle or decorate with the topping of your choice.