Delicious Paleo, Grain-Free Lavender Honey Granola Recipe
This blog previously appeared on Keri Glassman's NutritiousLife.com
First, everyone thought granola was healthy hippie food. Then, everyone freaked out and started putting it in the category of "unhealthy food masquerading as healthy food."
The truth? It's all about what's in it.
Yes, a lot of bagged brands are loaded with sugar and unhealthy oils. But if you make your own, you can choose nutritious, delicious ingredients.
Starting with incredible Comvita Manuka Honey, the highest quality honey from hives in New Zealand. Add nuts, coconut oil, and lavender, and you've got a breakfast (or snack time) homerun.
- 3/4 cup raw pepitas
- 1 cup whole raw almonds
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup Comvita honey (softened)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tsp culinary lavender
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a food processor, add pepitas, almonds, cashews, walnuts, and coconut. Pulse until just slightly crumbled, leaving about half of the nuts whole (or crushed to your liking).
- Add nut mixture to a large bowl and toss with coconut flour.
- In a separate bowl, mix honey, coconut oil, lavender, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Add wet mixture to nut mixture and stir to coat evenly.
- On a lined baking sheet, press mixture firmly into a thin even layer, and bake for about 45 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before breaking into smaller pieces, and enjoy!
Why we love this recipe:
UMF® Manuka Honey is independently certified and comes from the nectar of the Manuka flower in New Zealand, which is commonly known for its antibacterial properties, making it a healthy addition to this recipe. This granola also includes different types of nuts that are high in protein and healthy fats (with extra from the coconut oil). For a super satiating, yummy breakfast, sprinkle the granola on top of your Greek yogurt.
ABOUT KERI GLASSMAN
Keri Glassman, MS, RD, CDN, is a renowned celebrity nutritionist, healthy cooking expert, and wellness thought-leader. She is the founder and CEO of Nutritious Life.