Glazed Salmon Fillet
This Glazed Salmon Fillet will instantly become a gorgeous and delicious centerpiece to any healthy dinner. A simple crowd-pleaser, this salmon recipe only has eight ingredients and can be easily prepared in the oven. It doesn’t matter how skilled you are in the kitchen, this salmon dish, developed by Helen Vlahakis from @MummasCountryKitchen, is almost foolproof.
It’s a buttery, sweet and tangy flavor that is sure to become a go-to for any salmon lover. It’s easy to make as a single serving, or adjust up to make for the whole family. Aside from tasting amazing, it’s packed with lean proteins, healthy fats, and all the benefits of Manuka Honey.
- 2.5 lbs of salmon, bones removed and skin on
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup Comvita UMF 5+ Manuka Honey
- 4 large cloves garlic, finely grated
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 375°F / 190°C. Line a baking tray with a large piece of foil, big enough to fold over and seal to create a package and layer with a piece of baking paper.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low to medium heat. Add the Manuka Honey, garlic and ginger. Whisk until the mixture is well combined.
- Place the salmon onto the baking paper and season with salt and pepper. Pour the honey mixture over the salmon, and using a pastry brush or spoon, spread evenly over the salmon. Fold the size of the foil over the salmon to cover and completely seal to make a package.
- Bake until cooked through, about 18 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fish fillet. It’s recommended to cook fish to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- In the meantime, preheat your grill to medium-high. Once the fish is done cooking, carefully open the foil and grill the salmon for 4 to 5 minutes to caramelize the top, using your brush to glaze the fish with some of the honey mixture about halfway through.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately with lemon wedges.