Guilt-Free Baked Salmon Recipe with a Twist
Looking for a new way to breathe new life into your nightly dinner routine? Give your next seafood dish an extra serving of nutritious deliciousness with this healthy baked salmon recipe. When combined with Manuka honey and cilantro, the average baked salmon dinner gets an upgrade that is as tasty as it is healthy. Salmon on its own is already loaded with nutrients including essential B-vitamins, Omega-3 fatty acids, protein, and potassium. Add Manuka honey’s amino acids and enzymes along with the benefits of cilantro’s dietary fiber to the mix, and you’ve got yourself a nutritious meal!
Now, we know there’s a great debate between those who love cilantro and those who absolutely despise it. Genetics may have a part to play in the distaste for cilantro for some, making it taste more like dish soap to certain individuals.1 If you happen to be among the anti-cilantro crusaders out there, don’t fret! You can easily substitute it with freshly chopped parsley instead.
INGREDIENTS (Eight Servings)
- 2 large boneless salmon fillets
- 1 cup vegan butter (melted)
- 8 tablespoons Manuka honey
- 6 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup of cilantro or parsley (chopped)
- Organic lime juice
- Season salmon fillets with salt, pepper, and lime juice on both sides over aluminum foil
- Mix together butter, lime juice, Manuka honey, and garlic in small bowl and stir
- Coat salmon in the honey-lime juice mixture
- Individually wrap salmon filets in aluminum foil and marinate in fridge for about 45 minutes
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place salmon in oven-friendly glass dish and bake for approximately 20 minutes
- Broil for another 5 minutes
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chopped cilantro or parsley
- You are ready to serve!