Healthy Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread Recipe by Certified Nutritionist Cara Clark
We’ve partnered with leading Sports and Clinical Nutritionist, Cara Clark, to bring you an easy, healthy, delicious dinner recipe, upgraded with Comvita’s gourmet Multifloral Manuka Honey. As a former collegiate athlete, and nutritionist to Olympic athletes, NBA and MLB stars, all of Cara’s recipes are designed to support optimal health for elite performance. Hear more from Cara below:
To me there is nothing worse than a delicious bread or muffin recipe that is overcome with sweetness! Swapping out Comvita Multifloral Manuka Honey for sugar in my pumpkin bread recipe is the key. The sweetness doesn't overwhelm the seasonal pumpkin spice flavor, but is the perfect compliment to bring out the seasonal flavors. I could personally eat this every day for my afternoon snack.
How to Make Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread
This recipe makes 2 loaves.
- 1 (15 ounce) can of organic pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup avocado oil
- 1⁄2 cup mashed overripe banana or unsweetened apple sauce
- ⅔ cup cold water
- 2 Tablespoons Comvita Multifloral Manuka Honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cups coconut sugar
- 3 ½ cups Bob's Red Mill GF 1:1 baking flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (or ½ cup each - optional)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Beat together wet ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients & mix well. Pour dry ingredients into the wet about 1/3 at a time, mixing well after each addition until fully incorporated together. Be careful not to overmix!
- Gently fold in the nuts & chocolate chips.
- Pour into two greased 9x5 loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before removing from the pans.
About Cara Clark
Cara Clark is a Certified Sports and Clinical Nutritionist specializing in weight loss, diabetes, prenatal, post partum and sports nutrition. With a ‘non-dieting’ approach, she has helped clients manage weight, energy, performance, allergies, eating disorders, diabetes, thyroid-related disease, and more. As a former collegiate athlete, and nutritionist to Olympic athletes, NBA and MLB stars, Cara’s goal is to expose as many people as possible to optimal health for elite performance. She is also a mother to four daughters, which makes her very sensitive to the needs of each individual client. For more nutritional tips & recipes, visit her website CaraClarkNutrition.com and on Instagram @CaraClarkNutrition.