How to Make a Skin-Brightening Honey Face Mask
It seems like there are hundreds, if not thousands, of skincare products available to choose from today. The bad news is many of these products are often packed with harsh chemicals that can potentially do more harm than good over the long-term. However, the good news is a natural honey face mask can be created with just a few household items to achieve soft, radiant skin without all the unnecessary additives.
Items and ingredients:
- 2 teaspoons Manuka honey
- ½ teaspoon organic lemon juice
- Mixing bowl
- Wash cloth
- Cooking pot
- 1 teaspoon aloe vera (optional)
- Place a pot of water on the stove and heat until water begins to boil.
- Stand over the pot (at a safe distance) and allow the steam to open the pores for 1-2 minutes.
- Mix the honey and lemon juice into the mixing bowl and stir well. *For sensitive skin types, aloe vera gel can be used in place of lemon juice.
- Gently dab the honey-lemon mix over the face, being careful to avoid contact with the eyes.
- Let the mask sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the mask using a warm washcloth, then splash some cold water over the face to close the pores.
Voila! That’s all it takes. Use this skin-brightening face mask remedy 1-2 times per week and your skin will be absolutely glowing in no time.