How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar (With Manuka Honey)
When it comes to versatility and benefits, Apple Cider Vinegar is a daily must-have. And when you add in Manuka Honey, an already impressive natural remedy becomes even more powerful. Sourced from the apple orchards of the New Zealand countryside and sweetened with UMF™ 5+ Manuka Honey, our ACV is cold-pressed, unfiltered and unpasteurized. Find out some of the many ways you can use this powerhouse kitchen staple in your everyday life.
DILUTE IT AND DIGEST IT
Apple Cider Vinegar has been touted for aiding in digestion, reducing gas and bloating, relieving symptoms of heartburn, and promoting the growth of healthy bacteria in the gut. Here are some simple (and delicious) ways to enjoy ACV with Manuka Honey so you can start reaping these benefits!
- QUICK & EASY: Dilute ACV in a glass of water to desired taste, or add a tablespoon to your herbal tea.
- WARM & SOOTHING: Add to 2 cups of hot water. [source]
- COOL & REFRESHING: Add desired amount to sparkling water with ice and a teaspoon of fresh ginger and lemon juice.
DRESS IT UP
If you don’t want to drink it up, ACV is a wonderful ingredient to add to plenty of go-to meals, enriching flavors as well as healthiness. Include it in your salad dressing, marinades, sauces and soups - and so much more! The best part: the Manuka Honey in our ACV gives your meal that added hint of sweetness. Here are some great recipes to get you started.
- ACV SALAD DRESSING: Blend all ingredients together or add to a mason jar and shake to combine. [source]
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- 2/3 c. Apple Cider Vinegar with Manuka Honey
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- ACV MARINADE: Combine all ingredients in large plastic bag or shallow bowl. Add meat and cover with marinade, and refrigerate for 1-24 hours. [source]
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar with Manuka Honey
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ACV VEGETABLE SOUP: In a large pot, cook onions with salt in coconut oil for about 10 minutes. Add in the garlic, parsnips, carrots, sweet potato, thyme, and rosemary and cook until vegetables begin to brown on the sides. Add in the broth, Apple Cider Vinegar, bay leaves, and parsley flakes. Bring soup to boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 25-30 minutes. Remove from heat, add swiss chard and lemon juice, and leave pot on the stove with the lid on for 10 more minutes to allow chard to wilt. [source]
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 parsnips, chopped into 1" pieces
- 4 carrots, chopped into 1" pieces
- 1 sweet potato, chopped into 1" pieces
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, de-stemmed and chopped
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, de-stemmed and chopped
- 8 cups chicken bone broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 Tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 bunch swiss chard, de-stemmed and chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon (or 2 Tbsp)