Lauren Manaker’s No-Bake Granola Recipe
Granola is a lifesaver on busy days. Whether it is sprinkled over yogurt, added to a smoothie, or simply enjoyed on its own, granola can be a powerhouse when it comes to quick nutrition.
Since this granola is a no-bake version, the active ingredients in the Comvita UMF™ Manuka Honey stay the way nature intended them to be. The beneficial plant compounds found in this golden ingredient work to help support your immune system, and gut health. It’s the perfect natural sweetener that’s both tasty, AND a nutrient-boost.
Feel free to play with the recipe below and swap out the cherries for other dried fruit. Or for a sweet treat, add some dark chocolate chunks into the mix too!
No-Bake Energy-Packed Granola
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- Servings: 16
- 1 cup roasted and salted almonds
- 1 cup dried cherries (no sugar added)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup toasted brown rice cereal
- 1 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1 cup Comvita Manuka Honey - we recommend the UMF™ 10+ for this recipe
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Step 1: Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Step 2: Combine almonds, cherries, oats, chia seeds, and puffed rice cereal in a large bowl.
- Step 3: Combine peanut butter and Manuka Honey in a medium bowl; microwave on high for 30 seconds and stir. Combine the peanut butter mixture and vanilla extract over the dry ingredients and stir until coated.
- Step 4: Transfer the mixture to the coated pan and press down firmly. (tip: place a heavy and clean object on top to help it set). Place in the refrigerator and let stand for at least one hour. Break apart into granola pieces and enjoy.
About Lauren Manaker, MS, RDN, LD, CLEC, CPT:
Lauren Manaker is an award-winning registered dietitian and book author who focuses on women’s health and overall wellness. She holds executive positions with the women’s health dietetic practice group of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and her local Go Red For Women- American Heart Association chapter. Besides practicing dietetics, Lauren loves spending time outdoors with her daughter and husband whenever the sun is shining.