Manuka Honey Summer Glow Beauty Tips
Real Manuka Honey is just as powerful for your outer radiance as it is for your inner wellness. In a season as dry and hot as the summer, hydration is essential to look and feel healthy and radiant, especially when it comes to your skin.
So we’ve mixed up a few all-natural, hydrating Manuka recipes to incorporate into your summertime skin routine. Scroll down to get your glow on with 7 must-try summer glow beauty tips, then shop the most important ingredient, here.
Manuka Honey & Tea Tree Oil Wake Up Wash
Here’s a little tingle to start your day. Make your own Wake Up Wash with Manuka Honey and Tea Tree Oil - it’s like an alarm clock for glowing skin. When used topically, both Comvita Raw UMF™ 15+ Manuka Honey and tea tree oil have unique cleansing properties and a gentle texture, making this easy-to-make face mask a go-to for locking in moisture and supporting skin restoration.
To make it:
- Mix 2 Tbsp Comvita Raw UMF™ 15+ Manuka Honey with 2 drops of tea tree oil
- Whip together by hand
- Apply to the face and leave for 10-15 minutes while you get ready for your day
- Remove with a damp, clean washcloth.
Original recipe formula created by the lovely Hello Glow.
Revitalizing Apple Cider Vinegar Lemon Toner (with Manuka)
A refreshing toner with Manuka Apple Cider Vinegar ACV & lemon used as an astringent for your pores. Why these two ingredients? Well, ACV may help remove dirt from your pores, while the lemon helps support with brightening and tightening the skin. Mix these two together with Manuka honey for a revitalizing facial.
To make it:
- Pour ¼ cup of Comvita’s ACV into a small mixing bowl
- Add a half freshly squeezed lemon directly into the bowl
- Apply to face with a cotton pad, or pour the mixture into a spray bottle and lightly mist on clean skin.
Replenishing Nighttime Mask
For those long days in the sun when your skin needs a bit more TLC, we recommend drinking a glass of water to hydrate from the inside out, and follow it with this moisture-rich evening face mask.
Here’s how to make it:
- Mix 2 tbsp Manuka Honey with 1 tbsp of organic coconut oil and 1 tbsp of organic aloe and blend thoroughly in a small mixing bowl. If possible, buy fresh aloe plant, cut the aloe in half (lengthwise) and scoop 1 tbsp of aloe out of the stem.
- Apply the mask to clean face and allow it to sit for 20 minutes.
- Remove with clean, damp cloth.
- No further moisturizing will be needed before bed.
Nourishing After-Sun Hair Mask
Long days in the sun can dry your locks and leave them begging for a little love. Fortunately, it’s easy to moisturize and get your shine back with this deep-conditioning, all-natural Manuka Honey hair mask.
- Add 1 tbsp Comvita UMF™ 10+ Manuka Honey and 1-3 tbsp organic virgin coconut oil into a saucepan and heat on low until melted, routinely stirring to combine.
- Apply the warm mixture to wet or dry hair, concentrating on the ends. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with your usual shampoo. (Note: You may need to wash twice to get the residue completely off your hair.)
Soothing Lip Mask
Is it just us or do chapped lips easily put you in a bad mood? Pucker up and put a thin layer of Manuka on your lips after a day in the sun, and bring moisture back to dry lips. This one is super simple:
- Scoop small finger of Manuka onto your lips as you would a lip balm, or use a small lip brush to paint it on.
- Leave the mask on for 10 minutes, avoid talking and allow the honey to do its thing.
- Then gently remove with a warm, damp washcloth.
It’s so good you’ll want to eat it!
Dry Brushing with Exfoliating Scrub
Dry brushing is a simple at-home routine to help increase circulation, stimulate and cleanse the lymphatic system, unclog pores, and remove dead skin cells. Incorporate this into your daily routine before jumping into the shower or bath to promote healthy, breathing skin. How? Using a firm, natural-bristle brush, spend 3-5 minutes dry brushing your entire body when your skin is completely dry. Starting from the feet, apply gentle, yet vigorous pressure; move the brush upwards in long, circular motions toward your heart until your skin appears pinkish red.
Follow up with this cleansing Manuka Honey exfoliant in the shower:
- Combine ½ cup Comvita UMF™ 10+ Manuka Honey and ¼ cup raw sugar in a small bowl.
- Apply the mask on your arms and legs, and apply leftover ingredients to other areas of rough, dry skin. Leave on for 5 minutes.
- To remove the mask, use a warm wash cloth and gently rub in circular motions to exfoliate as you clean.