Sweet & Salty Manuka Magic Bars by Nutritionist Mia Syn
Remember magic bars? A classic kitchen-sink recipe that’s sweet and savory - and now, thanks to nutritionist Mia Syn MS, RDN (also known as @nutritionbymia) magic bars can also be a functional food packed with nutrition. By swapping conventional flours, sugar and nut butters for nutrient-dense superfoods and Comvita UMF™ Manuka Honey, Mia’s Magic Bars lose the guilt and gain health benefits.
Here’s the recipe Mia shared on ABC’s Good Food Friday, using the power of Manuka Honey to add sweetness along with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants - and without the crash of refined sugar. Happy baking:
Manuka Magic Bars
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/3 cup liquid coconut oil
- 1/3 cup @comvitausa Manuka Honey
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup raw pecans, chopped
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup grain-free pretzels, chopped
- 1/2 cup @comvitausa Manuka Honey
- 1/4 sunflower seed butter
What to do:
1️. Preheat oven to 350 F. Add crust ingredients to a large mixing bowl & mix until combined. Press onto the bottom of an 8 x 8 pre-greased baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes.
2. Toss toppings together until combined and sprinkle on top of the crust.
3️. Whisk together sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat until liquid & combined. Pour over toppings and crust. Bake for another 20 minutes or until set. Allow to cool before slicing into bars.