Planning exciting meals throughout the week can get overwhelming very quickly. You want to plan and prepare healthy, nutritious, and delicious meals for yourself and your family, but it can be tiresome to keep up with a varied menu. The result? The same old dishes with the same old ingredients. That’s why we love this hearty and cozy Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Manuka Honey Mustard Dressing that was developed by dietitian, Rachel Hawkins.
Perfect for a cold winter night and paired with your favorite protein, this is an easy salad to throw together that feels like part-salad, and part-side dish. It can be eaten on its own, or as a side, and makes a beautiful addition to any potluck dinner party.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 7 oz mixed lettuce leaves
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh dill, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 6 oz feta cheese
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp Comvita UMF 5+ Manuka Honey
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1.5 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Juice of half a lemon
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets and place on the tray. Add the chickpeas to the tray and drizzle with a generous amount of oil.
- Sprinkle the cumin, paprika, salt and garlic over the cauliflowers and chickpeas and toss to coat. Cook for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Assemble the salad by placing the lettuce leaves, cucumber, and herbs in a bowl.
- Prepare the dressing by placing all dressing ingredients into a jar and shake to combine.
- Once cooked, add the cauliflower and chickpeas to the bowl. Crumble the feta on top of the salad and gently toss through the dressing.